Friday, July 21, 2006

bands

So in the past two days I have seen two of the best live shows ever: Gnarls Barkley and the Flaming Lips. Seriously if you have the chnace to see either band I highly suggest seeing them. Gnarls Barkley was very entertaining and funny. And the Flaming Lips show was amazing I can not describe the show. It was sorta like a kids birthday party, an acid trip and a rock concert mixed with plenty of technicolor. Seriously after a string of lesser concerts, warped tour, and less active and visually pleasing concerts but great sounding, pearl jam and sonic youth, it was fun to see bands that mixed both aspects so well. So ya my life has been changed.

Anyway I saw clerks II today, in fact I saw the first show at my local movie theater. It was okay it had its moments, but it was not as good as the first clerks. But then again it was better than Mallrats or Jay and Silent Bob. So it was a return to form for Kevin Smith but it just isn't quite up to his original work.

Top 5
Gnarls Barkley - Go-Go Gadet Gospel
Flaming Lips - Bohemian Rapsodey
The Black Keys - All Hands His Own
Ted Leo - Six Months in a Leaky Boat
Nick Lowe - Cruel To Be Kind

No comments: