Saturday, October 13, 2007

Signs of the Apocalypse

Signs of the apocalypse:
  • I did not hate the new Kid Rock Album
  • The Bon Jovi song I heard on SNL was pretty good
  • Did not love the Band of Horses
  • Bush is still in office
  • The Democrats are still not keeping up with the liberal base
  • Rudy Gulliani
I ran out of this sorry.

But seriously as much as I wanted to hate Kid Rock he did a surprisingly good job. I would never buy it but since I got it for free, it was ok. Anyway I don't recommend it unless you can get it for free.

The Bon Jovi song was sounded a lot like modern Springsteen and Petty. I am looking forward to come home so I can hear the new Springsteen. I have heard good things about the album, sorta a pop-y sound much like the River. The Bon Jovi song is worth a listen, but if it sucks don't blame me.

This is a solid follow up to Everything All the Time. However it lacks the anthems that made Everything spectacular. Cease to Begin is by no means a bad album, in fact it probably comes in third for sophomore albums this year behind LCD Soundsystem and The Arcade Fire not bad company to be in. In fact this album is infinitely better than Bloc Parties Weekend in the City in my opinion. However the album lacks a song as strong as Funeral. Is there a Ghost? is a great song, but the album never again quite matches the greatness of that song. There are several good songs on here and all of the songs are in the solid to good range and no bad songs to speak of. However it lacks the anthems that made Everything all the time so appealing.

The other ones I don't really need to explain.

No comments: