Sunday, August 31, 2008

Dear Summer

So as I write this I am flying to school. Summer is over, back to the grind back to school back to the fake world. Its not that school is fake but there is a false sense of security and, for me at least, a distance from real life. Real Life I do not think has parties, mid-terms, and meal plans. I may very well be wrong, god I hope so. Anyway it is always hard for me to leave home at the end of vacation. If I am in a place for more than two weeks I begin to become settled and attached. My family certainly makes it difficult to break away. Anyway to keep the tradition alive, I here are some of the highlights of this summer:

• Nightmare of You
• Getting into Boston
• Getting Good Grades Second Semester
• Wild Rivers the one time I went even though I bought a season pass
• Costco runs with my mom
• Working as the cheese bitch
• Lunches with Shareen
• Wandering around the spectrum and south coast
• The week of Graduations
• The visit - not a highlight but it gave us all something to talk about
• Visiting Boston
• Tommy and all associated with that
• Lolla
• New York City
• Colin's basketball games
• Ethan getting into Concordia
• The feeling that I never really saw most of my fam since they were out with friends/asleep/working
• Moving E into school
• Batman, Forgetting Sarah Marshall, Pineapple Express

All of these and many more. This is in no order. Just what came to mind while I was sitting on the plane, in between episodes of Seinfeld, Snatch and reading Gonzo.

No comments: