Saturday, August 09, 2008

Trip Recap/Random Notes

Trip Recap:

• 5:30 up for flight to Boston, that is way too early
• Flight to Boston - Get sick and hate life. Although learn that Samuari Chapaloo is an awesome show.
• Get to Boston, take the T with a migrane go straight to room pass out
• Meet my roommate for the session, he is from Hong Kong, his accent fucks with me the entire time.
• Go downstairs and meet up with a mix of transfers and freshmen. All transfers have some tie to CA and seems like everyone smokes.
• The rooms dont have air conditioning with probably doesnt matter a whole lot but fuck it was hot and humid during the session.
• My roommate wakes up way earlier than me everyday thinking that its a good idea to get up, I beg to differ.
• I get woken up by the real estate agent, the apartment is way cool and I thought the interview went well with the girl but apparently not since I didnt get the place.
• I see the wackness, not that hot or wack but seeing mary kate making out with Sir Ben was kinda crazy.
• I spent most of the day on thrusday doing mostly nothing but the night time had cool activities.
• I scheduled early friday morning. Got all my classes. God knows if I can pull all this shit off.
• You can read another post with all the crazy Lolla coverage.
• Day after lolla we went around Chi-Town. It was pretty cool though seemed like we got a way late start.
• Went to Dave's it was alright. Me and the Boys played kickball with the cousins. Then there was a tornado which was kinda crazy to be in.
• On tuesday we flew to Ny which was ok, flight attendant was a bitch but I kept it real, it went wrong. I had been on the road for a week now
• We stayed at the Palace New York which is right on Madison and 52nd. One block from 5th and like 15 from time square. Primo Real Estate. Kinda wasted on my sorry ass but I enjoyed it greatly.
• My mom felt sick after the flight the boys and I went to a way good italian place many things were discussed deeply like E's hair, Fashion, Junk, The city, and work.
• Wednesday we walked around New York. It was sick. We went to the Fricke which had really good impresionist paintings. Not my favorite style but still incredible. Then we went to the Met. This is the museum, I love that place. Everyone should visit.
• Wednesday night we went to a way good steak house, I guess the day before Tom Brady was there. We all agreed he does not have a bad life.
• Thrusday was a good day. Esteban, C and I went shopping down in SoHo, which was way cool. We also saw the New Museum which kind of freaked C out, he also described it as pretty gay. Standard reaction. My mom and Ethan went to the natural history museum. I had been to it several times although not in a long time. They said the horse exhibition was lacking, and we all agreed people love horses.
• At night we saw Avenue Q which was a good play although there were several awkward moments sitting next to my mom. My uncle saw it with us, he showed up late to it of course. We then went to some Deli place right by time square, my mom described it as one step above a Bus Station. Mark ate with his hands in a very primitive way.
• Friday morning Esteban C and I went to niketown to try and get hyperdunks, they didnt have any. We went to a watch store, my dad foudn a couple he liekd but didnt get any. We went back to the hotel having accomplished little. My mom and I went shopping again, looking for this one jewelry we saw in a magazine for Shareen, never foudn it. Instead we went to Ann taylor, Lacoste and Nike. Got some way good stuff.

Random Notes:

• Boston seems to have students more like me.
• This trip has made me want to go and get fresh hip-hop/r&b. Feels a little wierd but whatever it all works.
• Three Cities in two weeks constantly going on public transportation and public areas has gotten me sick. I know feel for touring musicians.
• Fashion costs way too much
• Radiohead is a band that has to be seen at night before you die
• Ed Hardy, while gaudy, has some pretty cool shirts and the guy behind it has a pretty sweet life it looks like
• I want to go to clubs, but I hace heard that Boston is lacking in good 18-21 year old clubs. Apparently they don't operate if they cant sell alk
• I am excited for the olypmics. I always like watching the events that dont have a dozen americans in it.
• First Class is a really nice way to travel. Though Jet Blue is pretty humane.
• Doing work all the time and dropping total devisation is no way to live.
• This trip there was way too much talk and viewing of junk.
• Maybe it was always this way but I am not sure why contemporary artists are so obbsessed with the dick.
• I walked down the street in new york and would go for long periods of not hearing engligh at all.
• Drivers in NYC are nuts. The taxi drivers work it hard, The driver we had was a pro, got us there way quick.
• Time Square has gone from one type of hell to another: from a Hooker Dangerous Drug Ridden Hell to a Las Vegas and Disney fake empire.
• I have become a shopper and spent way too much money this trip.
• If I could do it al again I would, it was way fun. Thanks family!

No comments: