Tuesday, November 13, 2007

A Recomendation

If you like dark music or electronic music, I highly recommend the new Burial album - Untrue. It is an incredibly dark album. The whole album sounds like a dark foggy alley. Lots of reverb and deep bass. Distorted vocals and unconventional beats. I have not decided if it is a top ten album yet, but it wouldn't surprise me. It is a labyrinth of an album twisting and turning going from light and beautiful to dark and cold in the course of ten seconds. Truly something that has to be experienced.

Another album that I reviewed this was Sigur Ros latest album Hvarf - Heim. It is a solid album. Show casing the light and beauty that Sigur Ros is capable of. The first half of the album is all new material, the second half is live versions of tracks. They are all solid and continue to inspire and perpetuate belief in humanity and good. The songs sound like sunrise on a glacier or at least what I hope it sounds like since I have never experienced that.

Anyway those are two albums that are recently released and I recommend. They serve as a point and counter point to each other. The dark and the light.

No comments: