Thursday, June 29, 2006

Ohio: A recap

For all of you that didn't know I was in Ohio for Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday this week. Here is a recap of what happened:

  • Got to the airport, the airline didn't have record of our tickets but they did eventually find them
  • My mom spilled an entire bottle of water in he purse ruining the maps and orientation papers we had
  • Lost my keys in the airport at some point and no longer have keys to my car, my brothers car or my la fitness tag
  • Got stuck in the small airplane ever
  • Landed in Chicago to find that due to weather the plan we were supposed to take to Dayton was delayed and kept getting delayed
  • Met a crystal meth addict who was missing everyone but two of his teeth
  • Decided to drive from Chicago to Dayton, over 300 miles apart, starting at 11 pm
  • Saw over 20 abandoned cars and 1,000 truckers
  • Saw all of Indiana, let me tell you it is flat
  • Went to a convince stare at 3 am in Podunk Indiana and met a nice cashier who was missing all her teeth
  • Got to my hotel at 4 in the morning in Dayton
  • Blew off morning orientation
  • Found out that Dayton and Miami are not very close and took over hour and half to get there
  • Got directions from a friendly chain smoking mailman
  • Finally arrived at Miami at noon
  • Sat through most important parts of Orientation, what to pick for classes
  • Found out that I am not allowed to drink at college and that sexual assault is a serious offense
  • Learned what Corn Holing was
  • Didn't sleep in the dorms because my roommate got up so many times
  • Got my classes and discovered that were some kids at Miami that were preps
  • Drove again from Miami to Chicago, taking a longer distance trip but faster since we avoided most of the construction on highways
  • Saw the rest of Indiana and Illinois I hadn't scene; Who knew that Americans still farmed
  • Found out that the airline canceled my tickets due to the fact that I didn't take the Dayton flight; resulting in me buying tickets for a flight that I already had tickets for
  • Met Callan in the Chicago airport on accident, she was comign back from Paris, we caught up on everythign that had been going on
  • Had my flight from Chicago delayed over two hours due to Weather and President Bush
  • On the plane Callan discovered that she had lost her ipod, she cried; I felt her pain
  • Eventually I got home
It was a wild ride. And I don't think that anyone will quite appreciate what middle America's like just by reading this little synopsis

No comments: