Sunday, February 10, 2008

6 Down, 46 to go

Book: Even Cowgirls Get the Blues - Tom Robbins
Album: GA GA GA GA GA - Spoon

The first book read entirely at school this year. And I finished it just in time to post here. I greatly enjoyed this book. It is funny and intruiging, and more than a little outrageous. There are parts that dragged on and I didn't love the Clockworks/Chink aspect of the book but at least they were well written. I did not see the ending of the Rubber Rose coming and everything that happened after it was secondary.

GA GA GA GA GA is the latest by Spoon. It is not quite the audio companion to the book that other weeks have had. Yet it is the album that I have listened to most often while reading Cowgirls. Others have complained that the album is not their best and I am not sure if it is or not. I only have bits and pieces of the other albums. I think it is a great record and one of the best of 2007. A great mix of rock n roll and Motown. If you haven't heard it yet do yourself a favor and pick it up.

As a side note: buy the song Thumbelina by Nightmare of You when reading Cowgirls.

No comments: