Saturday, February 16, 2008

Loved Ones and Gaslight Anthem

On Friday night I went to Cincinnati to see the Loved Ones with Gaslight Anthem, totally worth it. It was a very fun show. Gaslight Anthem were great openers, I did not know the songs that well but I was still dancing and doing my best to sing along. Loved Ones were a lot of fun. They clearly looked like they were having a blast and wanted to be no where else in the world. I went with my friend Tim and he and I now have a fairly solid streak, we saw Against Me! as well. We both agreed that if we could see these guys another 5 times in a row we would totally do it. The Against Me! show was a lot of fun but they did not seem like they were having fun, while these bands had a great time.

The bar we saw them in, The Poison Room, was very cool. The showed movies on the wall, the best of which was the cheesy as hell Batman movie with Adam West. I still have X's on my hand which seem to refuse to wash away. I hope to go to Smoke or Fire with Fake Problems next week at the same place.

I desperately want to see Against Me! again but in a small venue like I did last time. I don't want to see them at the Hollywood Bowl with Foo Fighters. I want to see them at Chain Reaction with Matt and Kim or some other smaller band. Speaking of which the Loved Ones are playing Chain Reaction March 30, I will unfortunately be back at school by that point but I would kill to go to that show. I highly recommend it.

No comments: