Sunday, January 06, 2008

1 Down, 51 to go

Book: Blankets - Craig Thompson
Album: Orphans - Tom Waits

I have been meaning to read this for a long time but never bought the book and finally got it for christmas. As Shareen can tell you I read it really fast. I loved it. All about your first serious romance and falling in love and growing up. I highly recommend it. Plus the art work is amazing. Craig Thompson did the art work for Menomena's latest album. Truly giving new meaning to the idea of a graphic novel.

I have loved Tom Waits for a while but I only recently tried listening to this album again. Good Lord it is good. Listening to Tom Waits is like reading a book. And even those these songs are supposed out takes they are still incredible. I got this album last year for Christmas but never listened to it, just the song "Long Way Home". Now that I have listened to more of it I highly recommend it. It does not exactly go along with the feeling of "Blankets" but it was a new-ish album that I listened to. Plus it was last years Christmas meeting with this years Christmas.

No comments: