Monday, January 21, 2008

Oh Ya Oh No

Ok so some news that was released today...

First this Sunday I am going to see Band of Horses I am excited. I like that band a lot obvious since they were in 2007's top ten for both songs and albums.

Second on April 5th Andrew Bird and Grizzly Bear are playing Cincinnati I am excited not sure if the rest of you care but whateves

Then there is this:

cochella

Ya it is pretty massive and good. It lacks some of the superstars of other years but I am a fan. So here is a breakdown on who I plan to see:

Friday - Raconteurs, The National, Aesop Rock, Animal Collective, Spank Rock, Battles, Black Lips, Vampire Weekend, Dan Deacon, Architecture in Helsinki, Professor Murder

Mum and Fatboy Slim would be interesting to see. I have no interest in the verve, madness or Tegan and Sara. Jack Johnson is an odd choice for a headliner.

Saturday - Portishead, Kraftwerk, Death Cab, MIA, Hot Chip, Cold War Kids, DeVotchKa, Mark Ronson, the Teenagers, Bonde Do Role, Akron/Family, MGMT, New Young Pony Club, 120 Days

Probably the weakest day. Certainly the day that I love the fewest bands. Friday I will be forced to choose between bands that I would die to see, today I will roam around looking for my new favorite band. Stephen Malkmus would be good to see since I like pavement a lot but I don't know his new music.

Sunday - My Morning Jacket, Justice, The Field, The Streets, Cool Kids, Booka Shade, Simian Mobile Disco, Autolux, Black Kids, holy fuck, Shout Out Louds

The day that I spent in the dance tent. Seriously Jusice, the Field, Booka Shade and Simian Mobile Disco all great dance music. Kinda wish that Oakenfold, Van Dyke or Teisto were also there just to get my trance on but this will suffice. I would be excited for Dark Side of the Moon if it were Pink Floyd, not Roger Waters solo.

No comments: